Storrs Agricultural Experiment Station
Formula Fund Application Process
New and revised project proposals are due March 11, 2016 for a project start date of October 1, 2016.
Hatch/Multistate/McIntire-Stennis/Animal Health Application Process:
- Complete page one of the Proposal Cover Page and a project proposal. Follow the details instructions on pages 2-3 of the Cover Page.
- Prepare a list of the names and contact information of three reviewers that have agreed to perform the review for your proposal. Reviewers can be chosen from the same department and may include the department head. However, one reviewer must be from outside of your department. SAES will contact the reviewers and be responsible for securing the Peer Review Forms from the reviewers and returning them to the PI for consideration. Investigators must submit a written response to each of the points in the reviews.
- Submit a PI and Department Head signed Cover Page, Project Proposal, and the names and contact information of three reviewers to Lynn Grabowski (email@example.com) SAES, Unit 4010, by March 11, 2016 for a project start date of October 1, 2016.
- An internal review of the proposals follows.
- Approved Proposals will be announced in May.
- PI completes USDA REEport project initiation forms. Forms are due to USDA by July 1. REEport instructions
- USDA approval process July-October. Based on available funding, KFS accounts and budgets are established upon USDA approval for a project start date of October 1.
Multistate Application Process
- Prepare a brief (3 page limit) addendum to a new or current Multistate Project. Submit to Lynn Grabowski (firstname.lastname@example.org), SAES, Unit 4010. Multistate Instructions.
- Prepare an Appendix E for each participant. See Multistate Instructions for the NIMSS Appendix E procedures. Obtain internal project approval.
- Complete USDA REEport project initiation forms for SAES approved proposals.
- USDA approval process July-October.
- Based on available funding, KFS accounts and budgets are established upon USDA approval for a project start date of October 1.