Farmland Preservation and Land Use Issues
Farmland preservation and other land use issues are key issues to be addressed in any farm business and risk management plan. Use the sites listed below to familiarize yourself with these issues and to explore the options available to help preserve farmland.
These sites provide general information on farmland preservation and land use issues. Each site opens the door to an array of related topics.
- Connecticut Farmland Trust
- Farmland information center
- Connecticut Farm Link - Provides links to other sites.
- Connecticut Farm Bureau - Provides information on Farm Bureau programs.
- Ag Risk Education Library - Excellent site. Click on Ag Risk Library.
- DOAG Public Act 490: The Basics
- Dept. of Agriculture Public Act 490
These sites provide specific information on farmland preservation and land use issues. Please refer to the brief web site description for details.