News and Events
Thu, Feb 9 - Fitness Center is closed/classes are canceled, due to winter storm forecast
Fitness Center hours of operation:
Monday - Friday
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fitness Center & Men's Locker Room renovation work notice:
- Fitness Center renovation work (ceiling re-covering) will be done soon
- Men's Locker Room - back area bathroom renovation still in progress
New Registration Form
Featuring Hawley Payment Store option for card payment registration fees:
Spring Semester Group Exercise Class schedule - here!
Try ZUMBA Strong - Fri's. 12:00 - 12:50 PM
- Great class that combines the proven high-intensity interval training with Zumba rhythms! Less dance, more conditioning - All fitness levels welcome!
Specialty programs this spring:
Group Strength Classes w/ Nick Silbart, Certified Personal Trainer - Current session in progress.
Get leaner & stronger! All fitness levels welcome. Learn a variety of strength exercises, core training, plus comprehensive fitness planning tips!
- Classes meet Tue & Thu
- 12-1 PM or 5-6 PM
- Full use of the fitness center throughout the program
Program flyer - For more information and to register, contact Janet.
Tabata Bootcamp TM - In Progress! You may still join in through Feb 3
Julie Lynch, Certified Tabata Bootcamp TM Instructor, is teaching this popular fitness trend of High Intensity Interval Training. This method of exercise helps burn more calories during - and after - the workout. Program includes:
- Two instructor-led classes each week
- Muscle strength, endurance, flexibility AND cardio fitness benefits
- 24/7 website access, including workouts, connecting with other bootcampers, and progress tracking
- Access to Hawley fitness center during the program
- Please contact Julie with questions about the classes and Janet to register.
Pickleball at Hawley! Tue's, 5:00 PM - 6:45 PM
Come join the fastest growing sport in the U.S.! Beginners welcome!
- Tue's - Fall semester
- 5:00 - 6:45 PM
- Hawley Gymnasium
- $5 drop-in or only $25
Please contact Mike O'Neill or Janet Rochester for more info.
Pick-up/Open Court Basketball - Tue's 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Wanna join?! Please contact Janet!
Nutrition Presentation Series - Fall 2016 program
Fad Diets I here
Fad Diets II here
Nutrition/Health Bars here
Functional Foods & Food Trends here
Breaking the Cycle of Negative Food Habits voice-over presentation here
Making Sense of the Dairy Aisle here
Holiday Party Strategies to Eat Less and Choose Drinks Wisely here
Hawley Registration form (including regular membership options) - Any payroll deduction payments, please complete Hawley Registration form.
Current issue of UCONN Buzz
BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.