News and Events:
Fitness Center Hours
- Mon, Tue, Wed - 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Thu & Fri - 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Current Group Exercise Class schedule, here!
Hawley North Tower Renovation information
New Registration Form -
New Hawley Payment Store option for card payment registration fees
Tabata Bootcamp TM - Please watch for Fall Dates!
Julie Lynch, Certified Tabata Bootcamp TM Instructor, is teaching this popular fitness trend of High Intensity Interval Training. This method of exercise helps burn more calories during - and after - the workout.
- Two instructor-led classes each week
- Muscle strength, endurance, flexibility AND cardio fitness benefits
- 24/7 website access, including workouts, connecting with other bootcampers, and progress tracking
- Access to Hawley fitness center during the program
- Please contact Julie with questions about the classes and Janet to register
Group Strength Classes - Next Session begins week of October 15!
New Personal Trainer, Domick Corrao! Dominick is an Allied Health Sciences student and teaches strength training classes through UConn Rec Center's Body Wise program. He has also interned in Physical Therapy practices since he was 16 years old. Dominick has worked with a wide-variety of clients, including body builders, power lifters, and those wishing to live a healthier lifestyle.
One of Dominick's favorite quotes, by Thomas Jefferson, "I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it".
Two classes per week, Choice of:
- Mon & Fri, 12:00 - 1:00 PM
- Tue & Thu, 5:00 - 6:00 PM
Dates: Oct 15 - Nov 30
Class fee: $65
Includes use of the Fitness Center throughout the program
Please contact Janet to Register/more information, Class flyer
Pickleball at Hawley! Will return this fall, Tue's 5-6:30 PM
Come join the fastest growing sport in the U.S.! Beginners welcome!
- 5:00 - 6:30 PM
- Hawley Gymnasium
- $5 drop-in or only $25
Please contact Mike O'Neill or Janet Rochester for more info.
Pick-up/Open Court Basketball - Interested in starting a group? Please contact the Fitness Center staff
BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.