Please visit each program for program-specific information and requirements.
General Admission Information
- The above programs are junior/senior year programs. Supplemental application is required for admission.
- Admission is competitive with limited enrollment and is not guaranteed by admission to the university or the Allied Health Sciences major.
- Applicants must complete program-specific pre-admission coursework prior to application. Additionally, applicants should complete university general education courses (including the "W" course outside the major).
- Students seeking admission to the CP-Masters in Dietetics program are advised to contact the program for admission requirements. Addtional pre-requisite courses must be taken.
- Upon program completion, students are eligible to sit for their respective certification examination.
Freshman students cannot apply directly into these programs. Students who wish to track to these programs may declare the Allied Health Sciences major or another major upon admission to the university.
Transfer or readmission students may apply directly to these programs provided they meet pre-admission course work at time of admission. Transfer or readmission applicants who do not meet program pre-admission course work may track to these majors by declaring the Allied Health Sciences major or another major upon admission to the university. University transfer admission requires a minimum of 2.7 GPA even though program admission requires a minimum 2.2 GPA (competitive applicants will have greater than a 2.8 GPA). Transfer/readmission applicants may require an additional year to complete requirements depending on how their prior coursework transfers and course availability at the time of registration. Transfer/readmission applicants are encouraged to take prerequisites at the University of Connecticut to expedite admission.
Note: Transfer/readmission applicants must first be admissible to the university before an offer of admission can be extended by the Department of Allied Health Sciences. Transfer and Re-admission applicants must submit both the appropriate university application and the specific program supplemental application. Application deadlines vary; however, both applications MUST be on file in their respective offices by February 1st of the admission year. Please reference the supplemental application link below for specific instructions.
International applicants must meet additional admission criteria in addition to completing the application for the program they seek admission to. Please refer to special instructions for international applicants.
Although freshmen are not admitted directly into these programs, the Department of Allied Health Sciences has a Guaranteed Admission Offer. The Guaranteed Admission Offer provides students with a clear and supportive environment in which to complete admission prerequisites and achieve their academic goals in the Department of Allied Health Sciences. This offer provides freshmen with direct admission in the junior year to the program of their choice provided the student fulfills the guaranteed admission requirements. Please reference the supplemental application link below for specific requirements.